Are you planning a birthday party that’s bound to be the talk of the kingdom? Look no further—this guide will show you exactly how to throw an Elsa themed birthday party that will make your little snow queen’s day truly magical.
1. Choose the Perfect Elsa Themed Invitations
Every unforgettable party starts with the perfect invitation. Just like Elsa’s magic, your invitation should give your guests a glimpse of the enchanting experience to come.
- Design: Opt for invitations featuring Elsa’s iconic icy blue dress, sparkling snowflakes, or the enchanting castle of Arendelle. A touch of glitter would make it even better—after all, we are trying to replicate the magic of Frozen!
- Content: Include all the necessary details—date, time, venue—but why not add a sprinkle of Elsa to it? Consider phrases like “Join us for a magical celebration in the kingdom of Arendelle” or “Get ready for a flurry of fun at [child’s name]’s Elsa themed birthday party”.
- Personal touch: You could even add a personal message from Elsa herself, something along the lines of “Elsa is looking forward to celebrating with you in the kingdom of Arendelle!”
Remember, the invitation sets the tone for how to throw an Elsa themed birthday party, so it’s important to make it as magical as possible. And trust me, your little Elsa fans will be eagerly counting down the days until the party.
2. Plan an Elsa Inspired Menu
Now that you’ve set the tone with your magical invitations, it’s time to think about the royal feast. So, how to plan an Elsa inspired menu that will tickle your guests’ taste buds?
- Cool colors: Focus on foods and drinks that match Elsa’s icy color scheme. How about some blue raspberry lemonade or cupcakes with blue icing? You could also serve sandwiches shaped like snowflakes, for that extra touch of magic!
- Frosty treats: Elsa wouldn’t be Elsa without some frosty treats. Consider a selection of ice creams or a DIY snow cone station. You could even give classic desserts an Elsa twist—think blueberry popsicles or powdered sugar “snow” dusted donuts!
- Thematic names: And, of course, you can’t forget to give your dishes Elsa themed names. Rename your blue lemonade to “Elsa’s Frozen Potion” or your cupcakes to “Snow Queen Cupcakes”, for instance.
Planning an Elsa inspired menu isn’t just about the food—it’s about creating a magical experience that aligns with your Elsa themed birthday party. Your guests will appreciate the extra effort.
3. Decorate with Frozen themed Decorations
With your Elsa inspired menu on point, it’s time to transform your party space into a winter wonderland! Here are some ideas:
- Snowflakes galore: Start by hanging snowflake decorations from the ceiling—after all, Elsa’s magic revolves around ice and snow! Whether you opt for paper cut outs, glittery hangings or even DIY craft snowflakes, this is a must for any Frozen themed party.
- Icy colors: Stick to an icy color palette of blues, whites, and silvers. Consider using a light blue tablecloth, silver utensils, and white napkins to evoke the feeling of Elsa’s ice palace.
- Frozen balloons: A party isn’t complete without balloons! Look for Frozen themed balloons or ones in Elsa’s signature blue and white. These can be scattered about the room or used to create a balloon archway for a grand entrance fit for any Arendelle royalty.
- Elsa’s Throne: For the birthday child, designate a special chair as Elsa’s Throne. Drape it in blue velvet and adorn with a few faux icicles for a regal touch.
Remember, a well decorated party immerses your guests in the world you’re creating. So don’t hold back—let your creativity flow like Elsa’s magic!
4. Organize Elsa and Frozen themed Games
Now, what’s a party without some fun and games? To keep your little guests entertained, it’s time to plan some Elsa and Frozen themed games, we’re not just talking about a Frozen version of ‘Pin the Tail on the Donkey’—we have some unique game ideas up our icy sleeves.
- Olaf’s Snowball Toss: Recreate everyone’s favorite snowman using cardboard or a white poster board and let the children take turns tossing marshmallows into his carrot shaped mouth.
- Do You Want to Build a Snowman?: Challenge your guests to build their own Olaf using toilet paper rolls, buttons, and construction paper. The quickest and most creative snowman wins!
- Ice Castle Blocks: Freeze colored water in various containers to create ‘ice’ blocks. Then, let the kids channel their inner Elsa and build their own ice castles.
- Elsa’s Freeze Dance: Put a Frozen twist on the classic game of musical chairs. When the Frozen soundtrack stops, the kids must freeze like Elsa.
Remember, the key to successful party games lies in the balance between fun and challenge. These games should bring laughter, camaraderie and a touch of Arendelle to your party.
5. Create an Elsa Themed Cake
The crowning moment of any birthday bash is undoubtedly the cake cutting ceremony. It’s where all eyes are glued to the birthday child, cameras are out, and excitement fills the air. So, let’s make it memorable with an Elsa themed cake.
Now, you might be thinking, “I’m no professional baker!” Don’t fret, there are plenty of ways to incorporate Elsa into your cake, even if you’re a novice in the kitchen:
- Elsa Cake Topper: Jazz up a simple blue frosted cake with an Elsa cake topper. You can find these in most party supply stores, or even make your own using a printed image and some toothpicks.
- Sprinkle Magic: Blue and white sprinkles scattered over a white frosted cake can give the illusion of a snowy landscape. Position an Elsa figurine on top, and voila! You have an Elsa cake.
- Edible Images: Many bakeries offer the option of edible images. Choose your child’s favorite scene from Frozen, have it printed on a sheet of icing, and lay it atop your homemade cake.
Remember, the cake doesn’t have to be a three tiered masterpiece to impress. As long as it screams ‘Frozen’ and brings a smile to your child’s face, consider it a win.
6. Plan for Elsa or Frozen Themed Party Favors
So, the cake was a hit, the games were fun, and your Elsa themed birthday party is shaping up to be a grand success. But wait, there’s one more thing to consider — the party favors!
Giving out party favors is a sweet way of thanking your little guests for being a part of the celebration. With a little planning, you can make these favors a direct extension of our Elsa theme.
Consider these options for Frozen themed party favors:
- Frozen Coloring Books: Entertain and inspire creativity by gifting each guest a Frozen coloring book. Kids love coloring, and Elsa and her friends offer plenty of artistic inspiration!
- Elsa Hair Accessories: Hair clips, hair bands, or even Elsa’s iconic braid! These are great favors that the kids can use long after the party.
- Frozen Themed Bubbles: Kids love bubbles. Period. And when those bubbles come from a Frozen themed bubble wand, the fun doubles!
There you have it, party favors your guests will love. But an Elsa themed birthday party isn’t complete without the birthday child looking the part.
7. Dress the Birthday Child in Elsa Themed Attire
Now that we’ve wrapped up the party favor planning, let’s shift focus to the star of the show: your birthday child. The easiest way to make them feel special on their big day? Dress them up in Elsa themed attire!
There’s no shortage of options when it comes to Elsa themed clothing. From Elsa’s iconic ice blue gown to more casual Elsa inspired outfits, you can find a wide range of options. Remember, the goal here is to make your child feel like a princess for the day.
Here are a few options to consider:
- Elsa’s Signature Dress: The quintessential Elsa look. With the sparkly blue dress and a long cape, your child will feel just like the Snow Queen herself!
- Elsa Inspired Casual Wear: For those who prefer a more relaxed style, you can opt for Elsa inspired t-shirts or dresses in shades of blue and white. Add some snowflake accessories, and you’re good to go.
- Elsa Themed Jewelry: To add some extra sparkle, consider gifting your birthday child Elsa themed jewelry. A charm bracelet or a snowy necklace can be the perfect accessory.
With your child all decked out in Elsa attire, you’re one step closer to throwing the perfect Elsa themed birthday party.
8. Arrange for an Elsa Character Appearance
Just imagine it — your birthday child, dressed in their beautiful Elsa attire, and then the real life Elsa walks in. Talk about a birthday they’ll never forget!
Hiring a professional Elsa impersonator can add a layer of magic to your Elsa themed party that will leave the kids spellbound. A professional will not only look the part but also sing Elsa’s songs, tell stories, and even organize some Frozen themed games.
Here’s how you can find the perfect Elsa character for your party:
- Princess Parties by Natalie: If you’re in the Utah area, we offer a variety of princesses (including Elsa) that can come to your party!
- Local Entertainment Companies: Many local companies specialize in providing character appearances for children’s parties. Reach out to them and ask about their Elsa impersonators. Here’s an example of one in Virginia.
- Online Platforms: Websites like GigSalad or Thumbtack can connect you with local professionals who specialize in character appearances. Again, ensure to look for reviews and photos before making a booking.
- DIY Elsa: If you’re feeling adventurous and are on a tighter budget, consider having a family member or friend dress up as Elsa. You can find Elsa costumes for adults online, and the kids might just enjoy a familiar face in the role!
But remember, the magic doesn’t end when Elsa leaves. The memories from this unforgettable Elsa themed birthday party will last a lifetime, especially if you capture them.
9. Capture the Magic: Elsa Themed Photo Opportunities
When it comes to throwing an unforgettable Elsa themed birthday party, ensuring you capture the magic through photos is essential. These are the memories you and your child will look back on for years to come.
Creating Elsa themed photo opportunities isn’t as daunting as it sounds. Here are some simple tips to help you set the stage for perfect snapshots:
- Frozen Photo Booth: Set up a fun photo booth with a Frozen themed backdrop. You can find these backdrops online or make one yourself with some blue tulle and snowflake decorations. Add some Frozen props like Elsa’s tiara, Olaf’s carrot nose, or a magical snowflake wand, and let the kids pose to their heart’s content!
- Elsa’s Ice Palace: Create a corner of the party area to resemble Elsa’s Ice Palace. This could be as simple as hanging icicle decorations and placing a cardboard cutout of Elsa. It will serve as another great spot for photos.
- Character Pictures: Don’t forget to take plenty of pictures when Elsa makes her grand appearance. Capture the moment your child meets Elsa and their reactions to her stories and songs.
10. Send Elsa themed Thank You Notes
Nothing wraps up a memorable event like showing gratitude to your guests for their presence. The final step in our guide on how to throw an Elsa themed birthday party is to send Elsa themed thank you notes.
Sending thank you notes is a delightful way to remind your guests of the fun times they had at the party and to express your appreciation for their gifts. It also provides a lovely opportunity to share some of the magical photos you captured during the event.
You have a couple of options for Elsa themed thank you notes:
- Pre-made Cards: There are plenty of beautiful Frozen themed thank you cards available in the stores and online. Look for ones that feature Elsa and perhaps a sweet message of gratitude.
- DIY Notes: If you’re feeling creative, why not make your own thank you notes? Use cardstock in Elsa’s signature colors (blue and white), add some glitter for that icy effect, and perhaps include a picture from the party. You can even get your child involved in creating these cards, making it a fun post party activity.
Remember, it’s not just about the card itself but also the message inside. A personal thank you note from your child will make the recipient feel special and appreciated.
Throwing an Elsa themed birthday party is undoubtedly a magical experience. By following this step by step guide, you’re sure to create an unforgettable celebration that your little one will cherish. After all, who wouldn’t want a birthday party that’s fit for a queen?